ij.start.canon website is best one to download drivers for Canon Printers. Canon is among the top brands of printer companies. Canon offers top-notch functions that help the smooth performance of the printer. The range of printers from Canon is imaginative and suits your home and way of life. Canon printer prints all the images, documents, and other files in the best printing quality. In this article, we will offer you the steps of installation of Canon ij printer setup via ij.start.canon method. So, to know more about what is ij.start.canon and how to use, read the article.
Is ij.start.canon is legit web page?
Canon is legit and safe to use. There are some fake websites, so be vigilant.
Steps to download Canon Printer USB drivers on Windows 8/10/11
- First of all, unbox the Canon printer and place it on a flat surface.
- Make sure that no damage is present on the Canon printer.
- In the next step, you need to make sure that all the peripheral devices are available.
- And then, you need to load the paper into the paper tray.
- Thereafter, you need to install the cartridges.
- Just attach one finish of the link to the USB port on the Canon printer and the other to the USB port on your PC.
- Then, at that point, plug in the power link and turn on the printer.
Install the printer driver
To complete the setup process, you need to download the printer drivers.
- Go to the canon printer’s official website.
- On the homepage, you are required to enter your printer model name.
- You also need to enter your operating system.
- Once you locate your printer model, select the Driver and Download option.
- To download the driver double-click on the Driver option.
- You need to follow the on-screen steps to complete the process of canon printer driver download.
- Now, navigate to the downloaded printer driver file and install the printer drivers to use your Canon printer.
Instructions to setup Canon Wireless Printer drivers on Windows 8/10/11
Canon Setup For Wireless Connection Mode:
- Turn on your Canon printer, system, and Wi-Fi router.
- Press the Wi-Fi button and keep pressing it until the light flickers.
- Now, tap the button and search for a WPS connection.
- Your system will start looking for the Wi-Fi router.
- Your network connection has been successfully established with your Canon printer.
- That’s it.
Canon Printer Setup on Windows
- Initially, you need to turn on your Canon printer, System, and Wi-Fi router.
- In the next step, connect the Canon printer with the router using the above-mentioned steps.
- Now, you are required to go to the Canon printer official website and here search for the latest printer driver.
- Select your printer model and operating system to proceed further.
- After that, you need to click on the Download button.
- You need to double-click on the driver to open the setup.
- You should select your language and click on the Next button.
- And then, you need to select your printer connection mode and select the Wireless LAN connection option.
- Click on the “Access point connection” and hit the “Next” button.
- Next, you need to click on the “Cable less setup” option and choose the printer model.
- Read the agreement and accept it.
- Last, click on the Next option to install the additional software.
Connect canon wireless printer to mac
- First of all, turn on your Canon printer.
- Make sure that your router has a WPS button available.
- Also, ensure that your network is using WPA or WPA2 security protocol.
- Now click on the Wi-Fi button and hold it until the alarm lamp blinks once.
- Here a light in a wifi lamp must blink in blue color.
- Go to the router and click on the WPS button.
- You need to make sure to press the button for two minutes or else the connection will be disrupted.
- In case of the Wi-Fi light blinks, it means that the printer is searching for the available networks.
- After the Wi-Fi connects to the wireless router, the power lamp and the Wi-Fi lamp will blink.
- Wait for a while for the connection to be completed.
- Once connected, the power light and Wi-Fi lamp will stop blinking.
- Download the Canon printer’s driver from here.
- After that, you need to install the driver setup.
- After completion of setup, your printer will be ready for use.
Fixes for Canon printer can’t connect to WIFI
Canon printers’ print quality is great, and being one of the oldest companies it ensures the users meet the needs of the users.
But canon printer is also a machine, and time and again, it also shows some error that disturbs your printing operations. Here are some solutions to fix the offline error.
Causes for the Canon Printer offline issue
Look at the reasons for the Canon Printer offline issue
- Due to the corrupted and incorrect printer driver
- Malware or another virus attack is another possible reason for the issue.
- Canon Printer is not set as the default printer
- The cables are not working properly
- Paper jams could be the possible reason for the issue.
- Because of low-speed internet connectivity.
- Canon printer is not connected to the computer
Method 1: Reinstall printer drivers
- Open the Control Panel.
- In the next step, click on the Devices and Printers option.
- Now, you need to right-click on the printer.
- And then, choose the Remove device option.
- After removing the device, you need to restart the computer.
- After the PC reboots, it should automatically detect and install your printer, if not, unplug it and plug it back in again.
Method 2: Ensures printer offline mode is not selected
Many times, this issue occurs, when printer offline mode is selected. So, users must ensure that the printer offline mode is not selected. Here are the steps to it.
- Initially, you need to click on the Start menu.
- Now, select the devices option.
- Then, click on the printer and scanners option.
- Select your printer from the given list.
- After that, right-click on your printer name.
- From the given menu, uncheck the Use Printer Offline option.
Method 3: Check the cables
- In case your printer is connected to the system through the USB cable, then physically check your USB cable and ensure that it is working properly.
- Check both ends of the USB cable are connected properly.
- Also, check your Ethernet cables.
- Try different sockets to check the cables.
- And if required replace the cables.
Method 4: Canon printer set as default
If your Canon printer is not set as default, then you also face connectivity problems with your Canon printer.
- First, you need to go to the ‘Control panel’ by using the Windows search option.
- Go to click on the ‘Devices and Printers option.
- Now, the next printer list will appear on the display.
- You need to right-click on your Canon printer from the list of shown printers.
- Last, you are required to select the option of ‘Set as Default Printer.
- Restart your printer to check if your offline problem is resolved or not.
Method 5: Reset the printer
Learn the steps to reset the printer.
- Firstly, press the power button to turn off the printer.
- In the next step, you need to disconnect the data cable from the printer if it has one.
- Unplug the power cord and leave the printer idle for 10 minutes.
- You should reconnect the data cable to your printer.
- You need to reconnect the power cord to the wall outlet.
- You need to make sure to connect it to the power outlet directly and not through a surge protector.
- Press the Power button to turn the printer back on.
- Try to print again and check if the problem is resolved.
Method 6: Check the network connection
1. Many times the Canon Printer offline issue occurs due to bad and poor internet connectivity. So, users must use a properly active and good strength network connection.
2. Also, in the case of a wireless network, keep the printer in a range of the network.
3. You are also required to check your router.
Method 7: Uninstall the Canon printer
- You should also Press the Windows key + R to open the Run dialog box.
- Here, you need to type control.
- And then, click OK to open Control Panel.
- Go to Programs.
- Select Programs and Features.
- Select the Canon printer Drivers from the list.
- You need to click on Uninstall.
- Confirm the action by clicking on Uninstall.
- Go through the on-screen instructions to completely uninstall the printer.
Method 8 cold reset
On the off chance, that everything is just fine, and still, you are encountering a connectivity issue with your Canon printer, then do the cold reset.
Doing this will remove all your recent settings and your files. So, before doing this, make sure you do the backup and then perform the cold reset.
We hope the write-up provides you correct instructions that you are looking for to set up your printer. All you need to do is to follow the write-up properly, and you are all set to use your Canon printers.